PayPal users change your password and setup 2 Factor Authentication (2FA)
Rackspace Notification and Tips About Phishing Email Attempts
This information was provided to all Rackspace partners though it applies to any email environment.
In addition there are some great tips included that again apply to all email environments.
“Our team identified emails which were sent to random users on our hosted email environment. These emails state that the email address has been flagged for suspicious activity and the user is required to click a link to authenticate the account.
Please note that these emails are NOT legitimate emails sent by our email hosting service. If you notice emails that contain suspicious links or attachments, please remind your users to avoid clicking on any links.
A few additional reminders include:
– Never share personal information
– Visit websites directly from browsers and bookmarks – not email
– Double-check attachments before you click or download them
– Watch for misspellings and strange greetings (Hello Madam!)
– Be suspicious of emails that evoke a sense of urgency and ask for your immediate action
– When it comes to wire transfers, be extra vigilant
– When in doubt – DO NOTHING!”