What is Fortinet Certification, and Why Do We Have It?
We believe in staying current on all things technological. This means constant education and completion of certifications to test our understanding of new products and offer security to our clients. Paid time off and resources are dedicated for our employees to maintain certification status. Fortinet is one company we hold in high esteem for training, certification, implementation, and support.
What is Fortinet?
Fortinet is a well-known company that works with the largest enterprises, service providers, and government organizations worldwide. Founded in 2002, Fortinet has been a driving force in the evolution of cybersecurity and the convergence of networking and security. Fortinet is the only security leader in developing and building custom security processing unit technology that provides intelligent, seamless protection across the ever-expanding risk of cyberattacks. Only the Fortinet Security Fabric architecture can deliver security without compromise to address the most critical security challenges in all environments.
Organizations looking to add detection and response capabilities to their traditional prevention-oriented security controls can choose from:
What does the Fortinet Training Encompass?
Cybersecurity Awareness Certification
1. Level I – Introduction to current cyber threats and how to handle the situations. Attendees completing all lessons and passing quizzes will earn an NSE 1 Certification.
2. Level II – History of cybersecurity. Lessons on types of security products available from security vendors address security programs.
3. Level III – Introduction to Fortinet products and capabilities. Cases in this course are in the Fortinet Security Fabric Pillars:
- Security-Driven Networking
- Zero Trust Access
- Adaptive Cloud Security
- Security Operations.
Cybersecurity Technical Certificate
4. Level IV – Identifies the ability to configure, install and manage day-to-day operations of a Fortigate device supports corporate network security policies.
5. Level V – Tests your ability to implement security management and analytics using
Fortinet security devices. A certificate for this level requires completing two
of the Level V certification exams.
6. Level VI – Recommended for those in managing and supporting specific Fortinet
Products. Recognizes skills required beyond the firewall and certificates in at least four
Fortinet enhanced products.
Cybersecurity Advanced Certification
7. Level VII – Identifies advanced skills in using Fortinet solutions. Courses for those
professionals involved in administration and security using Fortinet solutions. A passing
Grade on at least one level 7 exam is necessary.
Cybersecurity Expert Certification
8. Level VIII – Final testing level for Professional, Analyst, Specialist, and Architect
designated individuals. Identifies comprehensive and expert knowledge of network
security design, configuration, and troubleshooting for complex networks. Related
Industry experience is required. Includes two tests, one written and one practical.
Testing takes two days.
MTBW is a veteran-owned IT Company with 25 years of experience. We are constantly improving our practices and operations. This commitment to self-improvement manifests in our service to every client. MTBW stays on top of everything computer, IT, and security. We want you to receive the best possible IT solutions. MTBW dedicates time and resources to education. This allows us to increase our knowledge to provide leading-edge solutions to our clients.
We proudly announce that Greg Baharoff has recently completed the Fortinet Fortigate Security 6.0 Course. The FortiGate FortiOS 6. x is the latest version of their award-winning Unified Threat Management / Next Generation Firewall appliance operating system. Contact our security experts at MTBW or call 301-829-5925 to discuss what we can do for you. Your company can never be too secure.